Monday, February 17, 2014

Introduction

My name is Taylor Brown, and this is my first experience with the blogging world. Last month, I set a goal for myself titled "The 100 Day Challenge: Weight Loss", and includes me going to the gym 6 days a week to prove to myself that I will be a happier person if I live a healthier lifestyle. I am about 24 days into this challenge, and have been recording daily what I have gone through in a leather bound journal. I have recently given a lot of thought about sharing my experience in a more public way in hopes to help someone else accomplish their goals. I know this 100 day commitment has helped me, and I hope the blogging of my daily accounts helps someone else commit to their goals.

This journal is specifically for my 100 day challenge. Dave Ramsey (financial guru) talks about improving yourself and to do that, rather than trying to focus on a million things at once, you focus on just one thing you want to work on. Once you are in the habit, you move on to the next thing. These next 100 days, I will be working on my weight. For the next 100 days, I will be going to the gym everyday Monday - Saturday and rest on Sundays. I am sick of feeling overweight and want to feel confident about myself again. I weigh about 210 pounds now, and I want to get to the 185-195 range. About a year and a half ago, I reached 195 pounds, so I know this is a realistic goal. The purpose of the journal is the record what I did for the exercise, how much I weigh, and how I feel about myself that day. I think that I should see a big improvement in my confidence and my happiness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment