Thursday, February 20, 2014

January 25th, Saturday

Today I let the lazy Taylor out. I went shooting today with my good buddies and when I got home I was so tired and discouraged. I was discouraged because I ate so bad. I ate tons of M&Ms and I felt so bad about it because I felt like all my work in the first week went to waste. I got home from shooting at around 6:00 and it was already dark and I hadn't seen my wife all day. So rather than going to the gym I decided to hang out with my best friend. Today was a good learning lesson. I said yesterday that if I missed one day then the whole challenge would be ruined, but that is not the case. I think so many people that start exercising or diet get so committed in the beginning that they say, "Ok, from now on I am going to be perfect." When in reality that isn't the case and there will always be a moment where we slip. I just need to pick myself back up and keep going. During my 100 days, there will be days where I am sick, don't have time, or any other excuse that are valid. But rather than saying, "well... I guess I start back over." I need to follow through and work as hard as I can to get my 100 days challenge finished. Because I didn't work out today I can't count this as a day towards my 100 days. I just have to keep days like this to a minimum and depending on how the next weeks go I may just have to say I need to work out five days a week. I just know that when I am exercising I feel good, and because I feel good it makes me not want to eat bad so that my workout was worth something.

No comments:

Post a Comment